Making Friends with Black People was published in March ’06.
The book is basically a collection of humorous essays on race
relations and popular culture in America. Reviews and sales
were strong, and I’m damn proud of it. I’m hard at work trying to
bring it to the small screen. You can read a sample chapter of the book here.
- News & Notes with Ed Gordon On NPR with a fellow BET survivor.
- St. Petersburg Times Eric Deggans with by far the most positive review of the book that was written by anyone not named Adams.
- Raleigh News & Observer Quinn Eli in another review that I feel totally understands what I was trying to do.
- Daily Candy This piece shot me up into the top 200 on Amazon.com.
- The Sound of Young America Jesse Thorn’s excellent radio show/podcast . twice.
- Desert News I don’t think Susan Whitney found the book so much funny as she did really thought provoking. I’ll take it.
- Weezy and The Swish Friend and fellow comedian Laura Swisher co-hosts this podcast with comedian Louise Palanker. The other guest? Fonzi himself.